An old concept of the library is the place where individuals can access a curated collection of sources of information. Now, the library is not only for the scholars or students but open to the entire participants of the community, which includes elderly, infants, the disabled, examinee, etc. Thus, libraries are required to change themselves to manage the users and facility safe from any potential risks.
configuration 1: web dashboard – registration
Compliance with Safety rules
Many libraries have to restrict the number of visitors that are visiting the site at the same time due to safety and other reasons. This requirement which is mandatory in such countries due to the COVID-19 is not easy to fulfil in large facilities as people may go in and out via multiple entries.
Other safety requirements that are provided is the possibility to register visitors contact points via QR or a special WiFi portal, is such a way visitors can make sure that the personal details are not exposed while minimizing the overhead on the library staff.
configuration 2: web dashboard – Analytics Module
The most expensive resource in a library is space, which needs to be optimized in order to provide the best service and experience to a higher number of customers. While libraries usually, allocate the space to different functions (reading, video, studying etc), it is important to monitor the actual utilization of each resource over time and to make sure that the resources are utilized in the most efficient way. By monitoring the number of visitors in each section of the library and the time that each visitor spent, we can have a better understanding of the visitors’ requirements and eventually optimize the library space.
configuration 3: web dashboard – Overview
Dispersion of Users
Since they expect more demands to the facilities of the libraries, we need to devise resolutions to allocate users to each facility efficiently. Recently, a lot of libraries are installing kiosks to handle concentrations of the visitors to a certain facility, however, it has a critical weakness that it cannot reflect the real-time situation. With the real-time insight of the place, the library can display such information to the public so that they can use different materials in the meanwhile.
ultimate solution – LBASense
DFRC suggests LBASesne as a system to improve productivity and security regardless of the scale of the library. The operator can monitor every site through the web dashboard and mobile application and have the insights of the area.
- The operator can see the overall trend of visitors for a certain period of time and location – Visitor Count, Visitor Duration, and Returning Visitors.
- Through the Mobility Module, our clients will be able to see the result of Mobility Analytics as a form of graph and its frequency.
- Users are allowed to register themselves to the system by connecting their mobile devices to the local WiFi network. Also, the operator can register each device to the system through the web dashboard manually or add multiple devices automatically by assigning profiles with parameters relevant for the property of the building.
- Based on this registration, the operator can have access to statistics of each device – exploring the history of detection and profile of each device.
- The system provides a wide variety of APIs that allows integration with other libraries applications and the library web site.